The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) announced that skilled nursing facilities may allow in-person visits with residents, provided that the physical distancing and protection requirements described in detail below are followed.
BEGINNING JUNE 9, 2020: Visitation schedule – BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Tuesdays: Anna Bauer | 10:00am – 10:30am | 11:00am – 11:30am | 1:30pm – 2:00pm |4:00pm to 4:30pm
Wednesdays: TCU/Sally Matthews | 10:00am – 10:30am | 11:00am – 11:30am | 1:30pm – 2:00pm |4:00pm to 4:30pm
Thursdays: Schrafft Pavilion | 10:00am – 10:30am | 11:00am – 11:30am | 1:30pm – 2:00pm |4:00pm to 4:30pm
Visits must take place in a designated outdoor space, with the following safety, care, and infection control measures:
- Prior to a resident arriving at the designated outdoor visitation space, the visitor(s) must be screened by a member of German Centre staff for fever or respiratory symptoms. Any individuals with symptoms of COVID-19 infection (i.e., fever equal to or greater than 100°F, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, myalgia, chills or new onset of loss of taste or smell) will not be permitted to visit with a resident.
- Visitors must be limited to no more than two individuals for each resident. Every visitor must agree to conditions described above regarding monitoring symptoms.
- A German Centre staff member must accompany the resident to and from the designated outdoor visitation space in a safe and orderly manner.
- A German Centre staff member, trained in resident safety and infection control measures, must remain with the resident at all times during the visit.
- A visitor must remain at least six (6) feet from the resident and attending staff member(s) at all times during the visit. This means no physical contact at any time (including hugs).
- No food or drink may be consumed during the visit.
- Staff and residents must wear a surgical face mask and visitors must wear a face covering or mask for the duration of the visit.
- Staff, residents and visitors must use hand sanitizer at the conclusion of the visit.
In order for us to be successful in meeting these requirements and for the safety of all concerned, we are limiting visits to pre-scheduled times only. Each unit is assigned a visitation day and three 30-minute time slots during the designated visitation hours. Visits with a resident must be scheduled in advance by contacting Carol Kelly: 617-390-3214 or email@example.com.