German Centre recorded a positive COVID-19 staff case from our surveillance testing on 3/30/21. The staff member currently has no symptoms of COVID-19, and will be quarantined for at least the next 10 days. The staff member worked on the short-term (TCU) unit, which has now been placed under quarantine. Additionally, on 3/30, a TCU patient was transferred to Scrafft Pavilion for care. As a result, Scrafft Pavilion has also been placed under quarantine. Quarantine measures impact in-room and indoor visitations, effective immediately, for the next 14days. Please review the Revised Visitation Guidelines.
At Deutsches Altenheim, we continue to take every precaution to protect the health and safety of our residents and staff to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We strictly follow all MA DPH, CDC, EOEA, and other state and federal regulations to maintain effective infection control. These measures include but are not limited to:
- Daily monitoring and screening of residents and staff for signs of an infection, including several temperature checks throughout the day
- A family visitation policy that allows in-person visits with strict infection control procedures
- Universal mask protocol for all staff while working on the campus.
- Additional staff training and audits to ensure compliance with infection control practices
- Regular evaluation of air quality and maintenance of ventilation systems in all buildings
- Extra stockpiles of PPE to ensure adequate supply is on hand
- Acceptance of new admissions only after testing negative for COVID-19 and quarantining and testing them again once admitted
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of common areas and spaces
Below is the the current impact of COVID-19 as of April 1, 2021:
German Centre (skilled nursing)
0 confirmed cases of COVID-19 among our residents/patients
1 employee on medical leave after testing positive for COVID-19
Edelweiss Village (assisted living)
0 confirmed cases of COVID-19 among our residents
0 employees on medical leave after testing positive for COVID-19
TESTING: Per established DPH guidelines, due to a positive COVID-19 test result, German Centre staff will be tested every three days during the quarantine period. Ten percent of Edelweiss Village staff are being tested monthly. German Centre patients and residents on TCU and Scrafft Pavilion will be tested immediately. Edelweiss Village residents are not being tested at this time.
VISITS: As stated above, due to the positive COVID-19 status, visits to TCU and Scrafft Pavilion must take place outdoors only per DPH guidelines. Anna Bauer visitors may schedule in-room visits and indoor visits in the auditorium. Please review the Revised Visitation Guidelines to determine eligibility for in-room visitation. Edelweiss Village is permitting in-apartment visits for fully-vaccinated residents and visitors. Visitors are encouraged to remain diligent about following safety guidelines – mask wearing, hand washing, and social distancing – and are encouraged to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Our primary goal is to keep residents and staff safe.
Please refer to the Revised Visitation Guidelines for more information.