At Deutsches Altenheim, we continue to take every precaution to protect the health and safety of our residents and staff to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We strictly follow all MA DPH, CDC, EOEA, and other state and federal regulations to maintain effective infection control. These measures include but are not limited to:
- Daily monitoring and screening of residents and staff for signs of an infection, including several temperature checks throughout the day
- A family visitation policy that allows in-person visits with strict infection control procedures
- Universal mask protocol for all staff while working on the campus.
- Additional staff training and audits to ensure compliance with infection control practices
- Regular evaluation of air quality and maintenance of ventilation systems in all buildings
- Extra stockpiles of PPE to ensure adequate supply is on hand
- Acceptance of new admissions only after testing negative for COVID-19 and quarantining and testing them again once admitted
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of common areas and spaces
Below is the the current impact of COVID-19 as of March 11, 2021:
German Centre (skilled nursing)
0 confirmed cases of COVID-19 among our residents/patients
1 employee on medical leave after testing positive for COVID-19
Edelweiss Village (assisted living)
0 confirmed cases of COVID-19 among our residents
0 employees on medical leave after testing positive for COVID-19
TESTING: During regular surveillance testing, a member of the German Centre staff tested positive for COVID-19. Following DPH protocol, all German Centre staff will be tested every three days for a period of two weeks, or until there is no longer an positive case of COVID-19 at German Centre. All German Centre residents will be tested. Per established guidelines, 10% of Edelweiss Village staff are being tested monthly. Edelweiss Village residents are not being tested at this time.
VISITS: Due to the positive COVID-19 status at German Centre, all visits will take place outdoors for a period of two weeks, or until there is no longer a positive COVID-19 case. All Edelweiss Village visits are approved for indoors. Visitors are encouraged to remain diligent about following safety guidelines – mask wearing, hand washing, and social distancing – and are encouraged to get a COVID-19 test. Our primary goal is to keep residents and staff safe.
Please refer to previous posts and to Frequently Asked Questions for more background information about how Deutsches Altenheim is responding to the pandemic.